Gardencrafts Health and Safety Policy
As employers, we will ensure, as for as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of our employees whilst at work and of others who may be affected by such work, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act - UK 1974.
We will also take care of ourselves, and others who may be affected by our acts or omissions. Employees are aware of any restrictions imposed by the Client, Codes of Conduct enforced by them and the emergency / reporting contact names and procedures appropriate to site. Our Health and Safety policy will ensure that responsibility for specific duties is defined, understood by the individual and that actions are carried out in accordance with it.
It is subject to review at least annually. Any amendments are communicated to all employees.ur Health and Safety Policy complements our quality system. It facilitates communication at all levels within the Company and ensures that the most effective working practices and considerations for health and safety are adopted.
All employees receive information pertaining to Gardencrafts Health and Safety System to ensure that they have all relevant details and an understanding of all directives.In addition they will receive site specific information pertinent to health, safety and emergency matters.
- We will, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that :
- Systems of work are in operation and are maintained to ensure there is no risk to health.
- All employees are given information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure that their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions, is protected at all times whilst at work.
- Risk assessments are carried out and reviewed for their effectiveness. Where appropriate, actions are taken to ensure the continual health and safety of all employees and any persons that could be affected by their actions.
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure that provision is made for health and safety.
- Machinery and equipment is maintained regularly to ensure it is safe and without risk to health. In addition arrangements are made for the use, handling, storage and transport of machinery, equipment, articles and substances to be used during operations to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others who may be affected by them.
- Ensuring that the working environment is safe and hazards are mitigated or withdrawn to reduce risks to health.
- Access to and egress from the working environments are maintained as per Legislature and monitored to ensure safety is maintained at all times.
- We strive to provide enhanced facilities for the welfare of our employees and where appropriate, health surveillance is provided for those employees working under hazardous conditions.
Grounds Maintenance encompasses many roles and tasks, each issuing individual challenges that need to be addressed carefully. Accounting for the changes in weather after and during maintenance is widely overlooked by many suppliers, resulting in poor results.
Our professionals have the know-how and experience to cope with changing climatic conditions. So, come rain or shine, we assess your risks with health and safety foremost in mind, taking care of eventualities such as pesticide drift, and loose soil slopes, not to mention the health of our green friends in the lawns.
In compliance with health and safety regulations, we approach every scenario with our senses tuned to the "nature-frequency" probing on contingency possibilities and then considering solutions for these possible problems we may face. This is why our team is always prepared for any swing in weather or any situational changes, allowing us to forge ahead with the project confidently.
As an employer, we have a duty under the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999, to carry out risk assessments for the protection of our employees and customers who are affected by our business: this includes consideration of water hazards, steep inclines and heavy machinery. Our safety standards, as is the law, dictates that we put up adequate signage, warning of risks around pools, lakes, hills and other dangerous terrain.
A With decades of experience in abiding by these terms, protecting the staff and any public that come in contact with our sites, are a second nature to us at Gardencrafts.
It is rare to find a business that understands property management and pays attention to even the minute of details in taking care of the property and its horticulture. We are indeed proud of our expert consultants who have comprehensive academic and professional knowledge to ensure that appropriate and sustainable care can be taken of the sites that are entrusted to us.